So, I had a really bad weekend:(
We were supposed to have a yard sale to raise money for MJ to go to 6th grade science camp next week. I woke up at 5am to set up and discovered that my car STILL won't start. So we quickly pulled out Craigslist ad thereby cancelling our yard sale.
I realized that I hadn't taken MJ's theater production application in to the junior high. it was due Friday. MJ's teacher had offered to write up a letter of recommendation on letter head for him and it was supposed to go with the application. His teacher must have forgotten to give it to him with all the teacher appreciation stiff going on, so I didn't end up tasking it in. I freaked ot when I realised that and struggled with the computer trying to learn how to scan and email the application to the school. I can say though that the ONLY good thing about the day was that I now know how to scan and email something. Insert a weak whoo-hoo here.
Then since I was so frustrated about that and needed time to think about how we were going to come up with camp money I decided to work out. Kaidie picked me up and we headed to the pool. It was a beautiful, warm morning. Perfect for a three hour swim.
Then my phone fell in the pool. I NEVER have it near the edge and as I was putting my drink and kickboard down and it plopped in. Straight down. I was stunned I just stood there, looking at it. I couldn't even move. This nice teenage girl jumped in and grabbed it. She took off the back, removed the battery and SIM card and dried it really good. She told me not to do anything for at least three days. When it's completely dry, I can put it back together and use it. She said this happens to her all the time with cameras, remotes and phones and they always work like new after they are dried. Her mom confirmed the info and even said she's washed them in the washer and they work. So, I am holding out hope that my phone will not have to be replaced. But, it leaves me with no phone for a few days and I need it for work tomorrow.
Then after my wonderful swim I took a shower to remove all the chlorine and realized I had forgotten underwear. Holy cow!!! So, I only had two options here. I could try to pull on my wet chloriney suit or go home without my underwear on (I had a short skirt and tee shirt). I'm not even going to say what I did. It's too embarrassing.:(
The rest of the day didn't get better.
Today, I spent the whole day listing things on Craigslist to get rid of since we didn't have our yard sale and cleaning the house. I hate spending my weekend cleaning when I could be playing with my family.
Hope you had a better weekend than me.
3 comments:
One time I forgot to bring the towels when we were swimming. I have also forgotten underwear and bras.
Hopefully next week will be better! I LOL about the underwear (that's something I would do)!
I randomly clicked on your blog while reading a 2Peas thread... I've been sick in bed all weekend and I just had to tell you how much your post made me laugh!!!I mean roar out loud! Sorry you had such a crappy weekend...I think I could really relate to the underwear part of the story, and I just can't imagine if my phone that I needed for work was to fall in a pool of water! I'll be sure to check back to find out if it still works.
Post a Comment