This was asked on 2 peas in the pub today.
There are many reasons I scrap. I I scrap because I always have. Since I was about 5, Ive been collecting memories and putting them in albums. My grandpa did this and I loved how i could get lost in time looking through his albums. They were even full of ephemra, not just photos. So much stuff from SO long ago. Some of it over 100 years old when I was a kid.
I scrap because I love to spend time with my friends. We get together at least once or twice a week to crop, talk and laugh. I made these friends through scrapping and I would never give them up. I scrap to spend quality alone time. (on the rare occaision I get to be alone) I cant think of anything I would rather do than work on layouts with the TV in the next room and nobody to bother me.
I scrap to spend time with my 9yo son. He loves to scrapbook too. He does amazing layouts that are pub worthy. He's also particularly good at rememebring what supplies i have and dont have. I loev taking him shopping with me. he can tell me I already have something so i dont buy it again. He also knows which ribboons I have, he will walk into my favorite LSS, pull the ribbon spools I dont have, then go to the counter and ask for 2 yards of each. I love that!
I scrap because I love to see how my pages have evolved. I dont hate my early stuff. I love to look through my albums and remeber all the little things. I dont just scrap the big stuff, I love to scrap the little, everyday things. The things that make life real. I LOVE to hear my kids say; "Mom, these are the best pages you ever did" And, "I love looking at these scrapbooks!"
I scrap because my husband has never supported me more in a "hobby" than he does now. I can spend whatever I want on "stuff" and he NEVER says anything at all. He RAWKS! He loves that I've made really good friends and have a creative outlet.
I scrap because I LOVE the stuff. Especially the pretty paper, the ribbon, the buttons, the jars I store my stuff in. I am a collector, always have been and always will be. I have more stuff than I will ever use and it doesnt bother me one bit. I look at it like this: One day, many, many years from now, my great grandkids will find all my stuff and think, WOW! Nennie had some great stuff! Then they'll use it in their albums. I wish I had all the old papers and ephemra that was around along time ago.
I scrap because...I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment