Yesterday we had astronomically low tides so naturally we had to go to the beach after school. We were on a quest to find beach glass.
We did find lots but even better was what we saw. We saw the bottom of the ocean.
Sea caves, seaweed, giant holes, shells, huge starfish, and so much more...oh my! It was magnificent. All there for us to see; out in the open.
Two kinds of seaweed. Kind of segregated. Growing on two different rocks. Neat!
MD and I are going to research what kind of rock this is. It was even more beautiful in person. Well, if you're inot rocks. It was so smooth, and the colors were so pretty. This was no small rock either. It was about 18" across. I wanted to dig it out and bring it home, but why even try. We would have never been able to even pick it up.
These are some form of Trilobites as far as we can find. We'll be searching for more info on them too.
Usually underwater, this was just too pretty not to photograph.
Sea grass. Way underwater normally. So fun and almost wig like...in a green, halloween, witch wig like way. :P
Just some enormous rocks. We thought they were neat.
This was one of the neatest things I saw. I love this sea shelf. Isn't it wonderful? Too bad it had so much growing ion it and we couldn't climb up to look in the big hole. It was too high and slippery.
No comments:
Post a Comment