Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just a Little Project


So, I had been waiting and waiting to make an altered composition book, or several. I actually did one a long time ago as a make and take, but that was different. And, I did another one to use as my skecth book but that was different too. I wanted to make one as a gift, this was where I got stuck, not with who it was going to be for, not with what I would use, but...I had ideas, lots of them. Maybe too many and that was then problem, I don't know. See, I have at least a dozen compostition books waiting to be altered, but I always feel like...what if it doesnt turn out good and I end up having to throw it away because i stinks so bad. (Ya, as you can see I have some self esteem issues:P) I finally pulled out my stuff and got to work. I made this:

as you can see it's a Travelogue. This is the cover and this:

is the inside. I was going for a vintagey feel, kind of outdoorsy and campy, you know, but usable, not foofy. I made this one for my sister and brother in law. They moved to Montana last Easter and go on hikes and explore with the kiddos all the time. I was thinking it would be neat to record what they saw and when. I don't know if thye'll even use it, but I hope so.

No comments: