Kirt and I went to Ikea tonight to get me my new Expedit. I am so excited, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have had my scrap stuff in my bedroom for 3 years now and I HATE it. Its a mess and I want my room to be my bedroom not my scrap room.
Before we went I looked online to make sure they had them in stock. They did. I then checked the Branas baskets, it aid they didn't. What?! I was getting really sad thinking about having the expedit and no where to put my stuff in clean way. I want my stuff organized and not seen when I'm not working since my dining room is becoming my scrap space and it's right next to the front door. So, I click on the "ask Anna" link on the Ikea site. "Anna" tells me they are sold out and I cannot order them from Ikea either. Now, I'm getting worried and thinking maybe we shouldn't even buy the Expedit since I won't be able to store my stuff in it. So I see that they actually claim they have them in the San Diego store. This is FAR from us and I just plan on heading there Monday with Mikey since he is on Spring break.
Well, as we are walking through Ikea, Kirt is marveling at how big it is (he's been there and doesn't even remember:P) and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Two Branas baskets in one of the sizes I want in the kid section. I immediately hunt down and employee who tells me they should be in the "green room" downstairs on our way into the wherehouse. I am beyond excited now. We finally reach the greenroom and I find them. Stacks and stacks of them. I ask another employee if they she can tell me where the other size is that I'm looking for. She gives me a blank stare and walks off like she didn't even hear me. I see her again as we are choosing the best of the ones they do have. I ask her again...same blank stare and she walks off. What the heck! So, I am convinced she is deaf since I can't believe anyone would be so rude, especially when they are getting paid to work there. Nope, not deaf, just rude. She finally comes back and starts talking to another employee that walks up as we are heading into the warehouse.
Anyway, we did get 10 baskets and my Expedit. I will be putting it together tomorrow sometimes between photos with the Easter Bunny and egg dying, all done before 2pm. since that's when Gracie has to leave to spend Easter with her dad. After that Mikey has me heading over to Borders for some books. He made it on the honor roll and would like a few books. I think I can handle that request.
I'll be posting photos tomorrow of the before, and during of the scrap space. As soon as it's done I'll post photos of the finished area. I can't wait.
3 comments:
Ikea ohh i wish i had an expedit
wao!!!!!! this room is amazzing.. If you want donate something ja ja ja ...
i love it!!! this room is amazzing......
kisses
Erika
www.arteslaura.es.tl
Post a Comment