So, I am 44. Yes, I am and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I will also admit that I NEVER understood algebra and in fact failed the same Algebra 1A class over and over in high school.
I had an awful teacher; Mr. Rowan.
He was so bad that most of the class failed over and over.
He left teaching right after I was out of high school to become a drug rep.
I never got what the x was.
I was always told its "something"
What thing?
I figured that since we were doing math it must be a number.
I couldn't figure where you got the number for x.
Like, where in space did you pull this number from?
When I saw this Fix Trot last weekend I finally got it.
After all these years.
I get it.
X is some THING.
I get it.
The light bulb has been turned on!
It's funny what you can learn from a comic strip.
4 comments:
Graffic art has major value...LOL!
Oh Bethie, that was soooo me in 9th grade! My older ds was a whiz at math and is an accountant today. She used to get so frustrated with me! I passed, but funny thing when I needed it in college...I got a B!
ha! That's such a funny comic! thanks for sharing!
hahaha that's such a great comic. Shouldnt all math revolve around shopping?
Post a Comment